Give your customers confidence that you are managing any data, which is under your control and internally prescribe the business practices which the standard demands.
ISO 27001 formally specifies a management system that is intended to bring information security under explicit management control. Being a formal specification means that it mandates specific requirements.
The key benefits of 27001 are:
- It can act as the extension of the current quality system to include security
- It provides an opportunity to identify and manage risks to key information and systems assets
- Provides confidence and assurance to trading partners and clients; acts as a marketing tool
- Allows an independent review and assurance to you on information security practices
A company may want to adopt ISO 27001 for the following reasons:
- It is suitable for protecting critical and sensitive information
- It provides a holistic, risk-based approach to secure information and compliance
- Demonstrates credibility, trust, satisfaction and confidence with stakeholders, partners, citizens and customers
- Demonstrates security status according to internationally accepted criteria
- Creates a market differentiation due to prestige, image and external goodwill
- If a company is certified once, it is accepted globally.